The Entrepreneurship Institute (EI), http://ei.kfupm.edu.sa, King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals (KFUPM) invites qualified candidates to apply for faculty positions (Assistant, Associate and Full Professors) in the area of entrepreneurship.
Individual will teach on-campus courses with possible distance teaching assignments as well as conducting research on Entrepreneurship and/or technology-transfer related subjects. In addition, individual will be involved in related committee work on Entrepreneurship Education including ventures creation, fundraising, and promoting all entrepreneurship associated curricular and co-curricular activities. The successful candidate will be expected to meet the traditional requirements of excellence in teaching, active scholarly and professional work, and service to the University and community. Research should be in areas related to entrepreneurship and/or technology-transfer. The successful candidate is also expected to mentor students engaged in entrepreneurial activities, including the EI incubator program.
The University seeks dynamic, energetic and collegial faculty, who will champion the EI and its related academic programs (i.e., an eventual Entrepreneurship Minor and certificate program, the various entrepreneurship-related student organizations, and related research initiatives) as well the institute’s co-curricular activities and short courses. Candidate will assist in academic planning; advising, teaching classes within the various academic programs; cultivate relationships in the University; and collaboratively define/maintain the quality of students’ experiences within the EI.
KFUPM- a leading engineering and sciences university in the region- is well-known, over the last 50+ years, for creating leaders in the industry and government institutions in the region and around the globe. Over the last 10 years, KFUPM managed to create its own powerful platform for innovation-entrepreneurial activities. It established an Entrepreneurship Institute (EI), an interdisciplinary entity that works with all of the colleges in the university. The Institute is committed to underpin the efforts of building entrepreneurial mindsets that will lead to high growth, high-tech entrepreneurial startups as well as graduate entrepreneurial leaders.
Minimum qualifications are:
1. Ph.D degree in Entrepreneurship, Business, Technology Management, Technology Commercialization, or Leadership. Any of the degrees are with emphasis in entrepreneurship and/or technology-transfer subjects;
2. Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills;
3. Willingness to teach students in the classroom and at a distance using alternative delivery methods;
4. A record of outstanding education performance.
Preferred qualifications include:
1. Entrepreneurship-related experience;
2. Ability to teach general entrepreneurship courses;
3. Ability to apply experiential learning techniques and case teaching methods when teaching entrepreneurship;
4. Publications in Entrepreneurship and/or Technology transfer and related subjects;
5. Have been involved and/or taken short courses on Startup creation, mentoring or business incubators;
6. Have been involved and/or participated in entrepreneurship activities such as Business Plan Competitions, Startup Weekends, etc